Thursday, August 18, 2016

How I Bible Map

A creative Bible Study does not mean just pretty pictures.  We have been looking at using calligraphy, photo journalism, paintings, mixed media, and today....Bible Mapping.
This is a completed image of the entire page: 
Let me walk you through my steps:
First, of course, I need some pretty colors in the background!! For this page, the background colors are made up of spray dyes and stencils.
Next, I write the actual verse I am dissecting in the middle of the page:
My next layer contains research on the original meanings of the words.  If you look closely, you will see the concordance numbers for the main words.  Through Blue Letter Bible and Bible Hub, it is easy to cross reference different translations and the actual nuances and meanings of the original text.

My next box contains the words of the original language and their definitions.

Working outward from the central scripture, I now add another box around the original text, with commentaries.  Again, my two go-to sites for this purpose are blue letter Bible and Bible hub.  Reading what scholars have said about the scriptures add, yet another, layer of meaning within my heart.


Finally, what is the core of what I am taking away from this devo time and dance with the Lord?

For this particular scripture I took away that our words are jewels, and to be dispersed as such, never hurled at another. I give these words a prominent place on the page, so that I can remember as I pick up the pages and recount this holy time spent with the Lord!

Have questions?  Please comment below!  Have another way of Bible Mapping?  Please let us know how you do it!! 
Remeber to join our free creative community at: http://www.praiseheart.ning.com

No comments:

Monica: Romania

Monica: Romania
Beauty Pierces the Darkness

Join us at Encouragement Cafe!

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

God Will Fix This

God Will Fix This
A prayer for San Bernadino

Art in the Mission Field

Art in the Mission Field
How much would you pay for a smile like that?

God of the Impossible

God of the Impossible
Dreams made Flesh

The Majesty of God

The Majesty of God
His Threadbare Sandals

Abundance

Abundance
You taught My Feet To Dance on Disappointment

Creativity Unleashed!

Creativity Unleashed!
<3