Tuesday, November 17, 2015

I Am Not Creative!!!!!

I do many workshops and work many retreats.  I, invariably, hear - at EVERY event I work: "I am not creative", "I can't draw a stick figure".  I hear it again and again, in all areas of the country and the world. I AM NOT CREATIVE.

I look at the greatest attacks on the children of God and realize that our enemy is concentrating a lot on the creative minds, and hearts of His children.

Why such a full frontal assault on the creative? This past weekend I was with two other artists as we pondered and thought through our role at Encouragement Cafe, 91.3 Joy FM.  We spoke of the Tower of Babel and how God intersected human pride and scattered us through language.

And then it hit.

Color is a universal language.  It speaks to everyone, without words.  Beauty speaks and it requires no translator.  It is the universal language- of course, the enemy would want to shut it down.  Shut down the creative and you shut down a language that intersects the darkness, through color and light. Remember that black is devoid of color, white embraces all of the colors. Shut down the creative and you shut down the use of light and color as it pierces into the darkness.

John 1:4-6: "The Word gave life to everything that was created and His life brought LIGHT to everyone.  The light shines in the darkness and the darkness can never extinguish it."

So, today, I whisper into your heart - that you serve a creative God - you were made to be creative. Rise up creative Army of the Most High and take a stand against the darkness. Beauty Matters- speak the language of color, shatter the darkness,  and salt your world with His love. 



No comments:

Monica: Romania

Monica: Romania
Beauty Pierces the Darkness

Join us at Encouragement Cafe!

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

God Will Fix This

God Will Fix This
A prayer for San Bernadino

Art in the Mission Field

Art in the Mission Field
How much would you pay for a smile like that?

God of the Impossible

God of the Impossible
Dreams made Flesh

The Majesty of God

The Majesty of God
His Threadbare Sandals

Abundance

Abundance
You taught My Feet To Dance on Disappointment

Creativity Unleashed!

Creativity Unleashed!
<3