Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A New Type of Canvas

I get to teach art to the greatest kids on the planet, ranging in ages from 2, up through High School.  I LOVE that I get to be me and inspire and encourage the next generation of artists! To end our 3-dimensional unit, for my middle schoolers, I wanted to do something fantastic.  So - we are going to repurpose shoes.
First, I hit Goodwill and found the most fabulous shoes I could find (thinking that middle school girls are going to be all about the high heel, fancy adult shoe)

Next - spray painted with a primer, while putting a pool noodle int he boot to maintain form, and plastic bags in the shoe part - to keep it puffed up.

Let dry, and start adding coats of gesso.



The fun thing is - that even the shiny shoes took the paint and become a fantastic canvas...the boot?  You ask?  yes, you can take the noodle out, when dry - and the form is maintained.  Now - to let them loose to create.



Note to self:  This is so fabulous and fun, I may paint them up, add some scripture - and use as a salt leak.....check out more about spreading the Gospel, intentionally through the Gospel - on
Saltysidewalks.comhttp://www.saltysidewalks.com/#/

No comments:

Monica: Romania

Monica: Romania
Beauty Pierces the Darkness

Join us at Encouragement Cafe!

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

God Will Fix This

God Will Fix This
A prayer for San Bernadino

Art in the Mission Field

Art in the Mission Field
How much would you pay for a smile like that?

God of the Impossible

God of the Impossible
Dreams made Flesh

The Majesty of God

The Majesty of God
His Threadbare Sandals

Abundance

Abundance
You taught My Feet To Dance on Disappointment

Creativity Unleashed!

Creativity Unleashed!
<3