Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Throwaway magnet -to INSPIRATIONAL Fridgey!!

I was getting ready to toss out some sticky magnets that were attached to the front of my paper phonebook, that always appears on my front porch.  I never see who leaves this phonebook, but, I blink and a replacement always appears.
Truth be told, I never use my phonebook, and have always tossed it away.  This year, I determined to use it for background pages and scattered through mixed media pieces. After all, it is free- and it comes to me- delivered to my very doorstep!!
AS the magnets were about to be released from my fingertips, hitting the trash... I thought..."Wait- I could do something with these"...and, I started thinking.
I wound up :
*Cutting a gelli print that I had previously pulled that I wasn't crazy about and cutting it to size.
*I glued down to the front of the magnet
*I made a paper rose out of a page of the phonebook  (Really, this should be double recycling points, don't you think???)
*Spritzed, sprayed, embellished and added scripture - and - VOILA - a cute "Fridgey" to offer inspiration!
Soon to be repurposed magnet!

Added paper rose and embellishments

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!!


No comments:

Monica: Romania

Monica: Romania
Beauty Pierces the Darkness

Join us at Encouragement Cafe!

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

God Will Fix This

God Will Fix This
A prayer for San Bernadino

Art in the Mission Field

Art in the Mission Field
How much would you pay for a smile like that?

God of the Impossible

God of the Impossible
Dreams made Flesh

The Majesty of God

The Majesty of God
His Threadbare Sandals

Abundance

Abundance
You taught My Feet To Dance on Disappointment

Creativity Unleashed!

Creativity Unleashed!
<3