Sunday, February 14, 2016

Chasing Wisdom 3: 5-8


Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.[a]
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
    fear the Lord and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body
    and nourishment to your bones.

Remember we are keeping up with all of the Promises in Proverbs on a journal page:! 

Promise: This will bring health to your body
    and nourishment to your bones.

These are some of my favorite scriptures, because I need the constant reminder to not to and do things my way, and force things to happen.  Confession: I am impatient. The Lord graces me with so many chances to practice patience each day!! Lord have mercy!!!  The person driving slow in front of me, am I lovin’ ‘em like Jesus?
A slow cashier – Lord have mercy, thank you Jesus for the chance to practice my patience skill, rather than jumping back there and helping them out!!!! 
I am not that bad, most days---but truth be told, I am busy.  We all are. And when I am so busy that I forget to trust Him in all things.], for instance,  the cashier- do they need a smile and an ear for the minutes that I stand before them?   Can I pray for my waitress? Do I trust Him with my day and my moments?  Do I believe that each moment is a moment to reflect His Son – or myself?  Truth be told- I need to slow down more often and look for His divine appointments. To live my life that aware and that in His moments- that is what my heart strives after.  If every moment is planned by a God who loves us, am I actively finding Him in all of my moments?  In ALL my ways I am to submit to Him, moment by moment, aware of what He is doing in and around me.  This is what I strive towards, a conscious that is embedded in the character and nature of God.
To trust Him with all of my heart is to trust Him with His timing.  In my impatience, I often try to push things out of the gate in my own timing.  Whenever I do this, it is a struggle to keep afloat It is exhausting, because I am keeping it afloat in my own will.  When I release into Him and His plans for my moments, my day, my year, my future – it is exciting because the winds of the Spirit keep it alive and refresh my soul.  For me, if I am exhausted and irritated, most times I have slipped out of His will and have taken things in my own hands and my own timing.
To Trust Him is the core of today…to trust Him with everything.  How can we practice this aspect of relationship?  I believe trust is found through the constant channels of communication that are the cornerstone of relationship. Meet with Him all day.  Acknowledge His presence and blessings in all you do. Pray without ceasing – that means talk to Him all day- about everything and LISTEN and give thanks in ALL things…not just the good things, but ALL things!!!

No comments:

Monica: Romania

Monica: Romania
Beauty Pierces the Darkness

Join us at Encouragement Cafe!

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

God Will Fix This

God Will Fix This
A prayer for San Bernadino

Art in the Mission Field

Art in the Mission Field
How much would you pay for a smile like that?

God of the Impossible

God of the Impossible
Dreams made Flesh

The Majesty of God

The Majesty of God
His Threadbare Sandals

Abundance

Abundance
You taught My Feet To Dance on Disappointment

Creativity Unleashed!

Creativity Unleashed!
<3