Friday, February 26, 2016

Proverbs 4:1-5




copyright 2016 Lisa Albinus

4:1-5

A Father's Wise Instruction

Hear, O sons, a father's instruction,
    and be attentive, that you may gain[a] insight,
for I give you good precepts;
    do not forsake my teaching.
When I was a son with my father,
    tender, the only one in the sight of my mother,
he taught me and said to me,
“Let your heart hold fast my words;
    keep my commandments, and live.
Get wisdom; get insight;
    do not forget, and do not turn away from the words of my mouth.
I know this scripture takes us to the Father’s heart and the sweetest spot of intimacy between child and mother.  The moments when the world goes away and you just breath in the sweetness and the essence of the miracle of your children.   Yes, Lord….we must not forget and we pray that our children don’t forget.
I want to take this scripture to the intimacy that I share with God.  For me it is in the mornings before the house wakes up and the activity level rises. In the quiet of the morning, I sit with Him and I listen and write, study and repent. I am attentive for His precepts  and I gain insights- precious jewels that are laid out for me.   I am the only one in sight of this Lady called “Wisdom” as I acquaint myself with her ways and ingest her teachings.  A tender time of intimacy with our Father.
In the evenings I listen to the Bible being read.  I wake with Him and I go to sleep with Him, searching, praying for a higher perspective.
And then, there is that person that is driving sooooooooooo slow in front of me!  Really?  Through clenched teeth I have been heard to say, “Bless them Lord!!  Bless them!!! Thank you for this opportunity to practice...... my........grrrrrrrrr......... patience.” <sigh> I am reminded a thousand times a day of my humanness.
This scripture today, for me, takes me back to the quiet of my mornings and the intentionality of my evenings where my focus in God. My prayer over the course of this study is that I would carry more of His presence for longer periods during my day. That my “flesh trigger” would become smaller and smaller and my “grace button” would fire easily.
Get wisdom; get insight;
    do not forget, and do not turn away from the words of my mouth.
Lord, I pray that all of us would delight in Your teachings and that they would be written on our hearts, so that Your Holy Spirit can remind us throughout the day who we are, whose we are and that we wo operate out of this identity. 

No comments:

Monica: Romania

Monica: Romania
Beauty Pierces the Darkness

Join us at Encouragement Cafe!

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

God Will Fix This

God Will Fix This
A prayer for San Bernadino

Art in the Mission Field

Art in the Mission Field
How much would you pay for a smile like that?

God of the Impossible

God of the Impossible
Dreams made Flesh

The Majesty of God

The Majesty of God
His Threadbare Sandals

Abundance

Abundance
You taught My Feet To Dance on Disappointment

Creativity Unleashed!

Creativity Unleashed!
<3