Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Loyalty Is A Booger

Today's Proverb has me pausing and reflecting. "Many say they are loyal friends, BUT, who can find one that is truly reliable?" Proverbs 20:6 (NLT)
Loyalty is a funny thing. According to Webster, faithfulness is wrapped into loyalty. We know that faithfulness is a fruit of the Spirit, so we are to search for it and to try and attain this character of God- that is against our earthly flesh.
Loyalty. Phew. The word for faithful here is 'emuwn", meaning trustworthy. I have had my fair share of folks that I put my trust in and it didn't work out so well.
So, I seek the face of God and I ask what can I learn and what can I do? How can these experiences make me a better person, a more faithful person? For me, I think the answer is to examine the places and spaces that hurt me and vow to not be this way to others....to allow my experiences to shape me for the better reflection of Christ.
Friendships can be tough- loyalty is a booger---Solomon even voices this allusive relationship in his Proverb today. But God offers us His Holy Spirit to be our compass as we navigate through our relationships.
I pray that each day I am a better reflection of Christ than I was yesterday, because I have given over more of my earthly flesh to Him. I pray that I will be deemed a faithful friend and believer when I stand before Him.

No comments:

Monica: Romania

Monica: Romania
Beauty Pierces the Darkness

Join us at Encouragement Cafe!

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

God Will Fix This

God Will Fix This
A prayer for San Bernadino

Art in the Mission Field

Art in the Mission Field
How much would you pay for a smile like that?

God of the Impossible

God of the Impossible
Dreams made Flesh

The Majesty of God

The Majesty of God
His Threadbare Sandals

Abundance

Abundance
You taught My Feet To Dance on Disappointment

Creativity Unleashed!

Creativity Unleashed!
<3