Thursday, July 21, 2016

Growing Old Through The Lens of Love

6 Grandchildren are the crown of the aged,
    and the glory of children is their fathers.
I have not gotten to the station in life that incorporates grandchildren, but I have friends that are and I can see the love in my mom’s eyes when she is near my kids. It would seem to me that it would be a satisfying experience to watch your children raise children. I still look at my “babies” as miracles on earth.  Their very existence takes my breath away to this day, 19 years later. I am proud of them and the choices that they make. I am proud of their character and their honesty. They are, quite simply, a constant delight to my husband and I. 
When the time comes for them to work through the miraculous process of birth, I can't imagine the love that will erupt out of our hearts. To be a source of wisdom and love, prayer and peace, is a compelling benefit of aging. I love the promises that Solomon whispers into my future, an almost, “Oh you haven’t seen anything yet”  experience to raising children. How fun our life is as we live out loud in love! 
The flip side of our little Proverb today is that children find honor, beauty, and attributes of God (tiph'arah) in their parents. We are looking at a mutual respect and honoring way of life, across the generations. If parents are  displaying attributes of God, children are learning the ways of Wisdom as they grow. Grandparents continue teaching, loving, honoring the future generations. What a beautiful unit that God designed in the family.  What a beautiful way to organize the Bride of Christ as we continue to raise up babes in the Word, speaking into future generations.
Let’s pray:
Thank you Father for adopting us into Your family, showing us what true acceptance and love feel like.  Thank you for showing us a love like none we ever experienced before, a love that fills us and allows us to love supernaturally.  Help us in our day to day.  Each season of life holds its challenges.  Help us to keep a higher perspective. Help patience reign in our interactions and grace be the fruit that we share. Help us in whatever stage of life we are occupying to be the greatest representation of ourselves, that You created us to be.  

No comments:

Monica: Romania

Monica: Romania
Beauty Pierces the Darkness

Join us at Encouragement Cafe!

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

God Will Fix This

God Will Fix This
A prayer for San Bernadino

Art in the Mission Field

Art in the Mission Field
How much would you pay for a smile like that?

God of the Impossible

God of the Impossible
Dreams made Flesh

The Majesty of God

The Majesty of God
His Threadbare Sandals

Abundance

Abundance
You taught My Feet To Dance on Disappointment

Creativity Unleashed!

Creativity Unleashed!
<3