Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Proverbs 5: 7-10






Day Two

Therefore hear me now, my children,
And do not depart from the words of my mouth.
Remove your way far from her,
And do not go near the door of her house,
Lest you give your honor to others,
And your years to the cruel one;
10 Lest aliens be filled with your wealth,
And your labors go to the house of a foreigner;

Can you feel the urgency? Hear me NOW my children, and do not depart from the teachings that we are learning.
Do not go near the door of her house.  To approach her house is to already BE THERE in your mind. To show up at her door, you have already entered into seduction, no matter how you try to validate the decision and the approach to her door.

These are such powerful words from Solomon: “Lest you give your honor to others”.  I have never thought about honor, about character, this way. As we approach the door to seduction and sin – we give our honor away, our character slips away.  There is an exchange for seduction’s ways- we pay with our character and honor as we open the door to sin and seduction.

Let’s look at our testimony, how we live our life.  I stand before you to tell you that sometimes I get it right, most days I don’t. But, people are watching.  My character is my calling card and my honor should enter a situation before my emotions do.   How am I living my life? How am I reacting the buttons that are being pushed?   How am I doing at staying away from seduction’s door?

Solomon goes on to say that when we do approach the door of seduction, “We give our years to the cruel one”. Wow –years wasted in wandering. Are you overcome with the word of God and how it is so real and tangible in our circumstances? We can give years over to worry, anxiety, addictions, hate, prejudice, fear, unforgiveness.  Seduction, in whatever form satan has devised your personal cocktail, robs us of years.  Years of living through God’s will for our lives.  Years of wandering with no focus.  YEARS. Not days, or moment, approach her door and YEARS are stripped away.

For today, what if we were to draw the door of seduction on our page, in a corner, or smack dab in the middle.  What does the door of seduction look like to you?  Draw, paint, collage your door over the words that you have already written.
Do you want to label your door?   What does it look like?  What prevents you from approaching that door? What are the roadblocks that the Lord has given you to prevent you from approaching her?

No comments:

Monica: Romania

Monica: Romania
Beauty Pierces the Darkness

Join us at Encouragement Cafe!

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

God Will Fix This

God Will Fix This
A prayer for San Bernadino

Art in the Mission Field

Art in the Mission Field
How much would you pay for a smile like that?

God of the Impossible

God of the Impossible
Dreams made Flesh

The Majesty of God

The Majesty of God
His Threadbare Sandals

Abundance

Abundance
You taught My Feet To Dance on Disappointment

Creativity Unleashed!

Creativity Unleashed!
<3