Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Proverbs 9:1-6



 Warning- there are a lot of ponderings through Scripture today!
Wisdom has built her house;
    she has hewn her seven pillars.
She has slaughtered her beasts; she has mixed her wine;
    she has also set her table.
She has sent out her young women to call
    from the highest places in the town,
“Whoever is simple, let him turn in here!”
    To him who lacks sense she says,
“Come, eat of my bread
    and drink of the wine I have mixed.
Leave your simple ways,[a] and live,
    and walk in the way of insight.”
Here we see where Wisdom lives- we experience her house.  It is solid, made with seven pillars (seven represents completeness, perfection) to hold it up- this is not a tent that moves to and fro at a moments folly. Her house is meant for inhabitation. 
Why seven pillars?  Please know that this is my ponderings and nothing more.

In 8: 12 – 14 we saw that Wisdom lived in a house with 7 other attributes: 
I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence; I possess knowledge and discretion. To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech. Counsel and sound judgment are mine; I have understanding and power.
What about the seven spirits of God listed in Isaiah11:2-3 ?  (and referred to in Rev, 3:1, Rev. 4:5, and Rev. 5:6) Many believe that this reference is to the Holy Spirit and how He manifests Himself,  through the seven Spirits of God, ad will be found resting on Jesus Himself.  From Isaiah:
And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him,
    the Spirit of wisdom and understanding,
    the Spirit of counsel and might,
    the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.
I kept on coming up with 6 attributes as the Holy Spirit is not an “attribute”, but part of our Triune God.  So that the seven spirits of God would be:
…. the Spirit of wisdom, the Spirit of understanding, the Spirit of counsel, the Spirit of power, the Spirit of knowledge, the Spirit of the fear of the Lord, and the Spirit of delight in the fear of the Lord.

It seems that these seven spirits of God, all house the seven attributes that Lady Wisdom lived with in Chapter 8.  This would put our Lady as one of the attributes of Holy Spirit, who is our guide and our counselor.  Again, these are just my ponderings.  How fun is it that there are so many mysteries in the Bible and we get to treasure hunt through them!

I love that Lady Wisdom is more than 1 :
She has sent out her young women to call
    from the highest places in the town,
Lady Wisdom can be multiplied and expounded- calling from the highest places in town.  His ways are not our ways and His ways are the higher ways.  As we align with Lady Wisdom I would like to think that we can become one that goes out and lives a life that personifies Wisdom and beckons others to the higher ground.

In these few passages we see that she is setting a banquet table for the simple to come and eat- leaving the simple ways behind and entering into LIFE.  This banquet table has shades of the banquet table that is to come through Jesus, as He sets us in the presence of our enemies. 
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever. – Psalm 23:5-6
How sweet, that we see a picture of someone sitting at a table, with overflowing life, goodness and love – dwelling in he house of the Lord.
Is this the House that the Spirit of God has erected, through the seven Spirits of God – where Lady wisdom lives and calls us to?  I don’t know-but I love the pnderings of how these jigsaw pieces fit together.
What I do know is that Lady Wisdom is a place to inhabit- not a resting place for a night.  She is meant to be the place that we operate out of and that we call HOME.  When we aren’t home, we know it.  When we aren’t operating out of Wisdom, I pray that we will all know it.

No comments:

Monica: Romania

Monica: Romania
Beauty Pierces the Darkness

Join us at Encouragement Cafe!

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

God Will Fix This

God Will Fix This
A prayer for San Bernadino

Art in the Mission Field

Art in the Mission Field
How much would you pay for a smile like that?

God of the Impossible

God of the Impossible
Dreams made Flesh

The Majesty of God

The Majesty of God
His Threadbare Sandals

Abundance

Abundance
You taught My Feet To Dance on Disappointment

Creativity Unleashed!

Creativity Unleashed!
<3