Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Remember Your Song: Psalm 77

"I will remember my song, I will meditate in my heart:as my spirit ponders."



Some days I forget my song. Some days the rain clouds seem to be more of my focus than the sun peeking out behind them.  Some days my focus remains fixed on where I have been, than where I get to go.  Some days I prefer to complain and lament, rather than remember my song.

It's all about perspective and where I choose to focus. You may be in the darkness , I urge you to remember WHOSE you are in your night of the soul.  I recently heard of a woman that lost her son in a car accident, and her take on God was that there could be no God.  A God that she prayed to and pleaded would have given her her son to raise for another year.  As they handed her his bloody clothes, and the blood smeared on her hands...his blood, her sons blood who took his last breath....she knew there was no God.

My heart hurts when I see people in such grief and pain. I have no trite Christian phrases to offer you and I am not here to convince you that there is a God.  I am here to hug you and to listen, to love recklessly and to support you with laughter and coffee and hugs.  I can do late night phone calls and I can help you remember the song of hope.

Some nights are blacker than others.  You may be in the darkest night your soul has ever remembered.  I am here to share my song with you, until you can find your own again. Email me or comment below if you need someone to listen. 

No comments:

Monica: Romania

Monica: Romania
Beauty Pierces the Darkness

Join us at Encouragement Cafe!

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

God Will Fix This

God Will Fix This
A prayer for San Bernadino

Art in the Mission Field

Art in the Mission Field
How much would you pay for a smile like that?

God of the Impossible

God of the Impossible
Dreams made Flesh

The Majesty of God

The Majesty of God
His Threadbare Sandals

Abundance

Abundance
You taught My Feet To Dance on Disappointment

Creativity Unleashed!

Creativity Unleashed!
<3