Thursday, May 12, 2016

Choose Your Company Wisely


16 All who are prudent act with[b] knowledge,
    but fools expose their folly.
17 A wicked messenger falls into trouble,
    but a trustworthy envoy brings healing.
18 Whoever disregards discipline comes to poverty and shame,
    but whoever heeds correction is honored.
19 A longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul,
    but fools detest turning from evil.
20 Walk with the wise and become wise,
    for a companion of fools suffers harm.
If I could engrave this truth on my children’s hearts and foreheads I would!! Choose your company wisely!!
When we walk with the wise (chakam-the wise hearted man) we become wise and can instruct others in wisdom. Wisdom gives way to Wisdom. A we all walk together, we gain Wisdom and then deposit it into the hearts and minds of those that we are walking with.  Wisdom begets Wisdom.
Companions of fools (kĕciyl- the arrogant and simple) will cry out in distress, utter a shout and be destroyed.  Being destroyed can look like many different things: failing in school or in your job, loosing relationships. Failing financially, and failing to find lasting joy.

Who we walk with is so important. What we allow into our hearts and our minds is as important.    I don’t think I say it enough, I am grateful for this lot of women and that we get to do this thing called “life “ together!  I love that I have a set of girlfriends that I can be- raw, ugly and real- with.  I love that we can speak truth into each others lives, through love. I love that the Lord provides us with marvelous comrades. 

Let's be that for each other here, stretching out our hands and our hearts, from one end of the Earth to the other. Let's put aside gossip and slander- the tools of the foolish and, instead,  uphold grace and truth.


No comments:

Monica: Romania

Monica: Romania
Beauty Pierces the Darkness

Join us at Encouragement Cafe!

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

God Will Fix This

God Will Fix This
A prayer for San Bernadino

Art in the Mission Field

Art in the Mission Field
How much would you pay for a smile like that?

God of the Impossible

God of the Impossible
Dreams made Flesh

The Majesty of God

The Majesty of God
His Threadbare Sandals

Abundance

Abundance
You taught My Feet To Dance on Disappointment

Creativity Unleashed!

Creativity Unleashed!
<3