Thursday, May 5, 2016

Proverbs 12: 24-28


    THE WORKER WINS (12:24–28): 


 But a hard worker becomes a leader.
24 
The hand of the diligent will rule,
But the negligent and lazy will be put to forced labor.
25 
Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs it down,
But a good (encouraging) word makes it glad.
26 
The righteous man is a guide to his neighbor,
But the way of the wicked leads them astray.
27 
The lazy man does not catch and roast his prey,
But the precious possession of a [wise] man is diligence [because he recognizes opportunities and seizes them].
28 
In the way of righteousness is life,
And in its pathway there is no death [but immortality—eternal life].

In 1Kings11:28, we see that Solomon advanced Jeroboam because he was a hard worker and industrious. I try to instill this in my children: Work hard, don’t take short cuts.  My oldest son snickers and complains some mornings, because other parents allowed their students to flex first period- so they can sleep in.  Every morning we have a “thing”. 
He says, “Mom can I sleep through first period today.”
“Ummm, let me think about it……. No.”
“Yeah, maybe tomorrow then.”
Lol, I have to admire his perseverance in asking, though tomorrow will bring the same answer.  He is working in the front office first period, as an office assistant. This has afforded him a marketable skill to earn extra cash while he is in college. 

Others students miss school because they are tired. My son said to me yesterday, “How can they miss so much school and still pass?”  I admire that this bothers him, because it means that our work ethic has taken root.

Short cuts are not allowed, the extra mile is encouraged.  I ask my children for the same work ethic that my husband and I adhere to- nothing more, nothing less.
Have you noticed that this seems to be an old-fashioned idea as of late?
Most companies customer service is deplorable, as we pay for the bare minimal output from their employees.
“Not my job” seems to be the new standard.
How refreshing when you see, and experience, someone that goes the extra mile- because this is a gem in today’s culture!
As parents and grandparents what values are we instilling in our children? As consumers what service are we encouraging from employees? As bosses what work ethic are we allowing?

Hard work still matters and still pays off. Wisdom tells us this is so.

No comments:

Monica: Romania

Monica: Romania
Beauty Pierces the Darkness

Join us at Encouragement Cafe!

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

God Will Fix This

God Will Fix This
A prayer for San Bernadino

Art in the Mission Field

Art in the Mission Field
How much would you pay for a smile like that?

God of the Impossible

God of the Impossible
Dreams made Flesh

The Majesty of God

The Majesty of God
His Threadbare Sandals

Abundance

Abundance
You taught My Feet To Dance on Disappointment

Creativity Unleashed!

Creativity Unleashed!
<3