Monday, May 30, 2016

My Calendar Subject For Approval

 
Proverbs 16:1

Taken from the message, “Everything with a Place and a Purpose”

16 Mortals make elaborate plans,
    but God has the last word.
In order to savor the nuggets of wisdom that are coming forth, I thought we would switch over to bite sized nuggets, rather than a firehose of information.  I have been overwhelmed writing each week, feeling like there are so many places to explore and not enough time.  So, we are switching to “one a day”. I know this presents a problem for those of you that journal in your bible, as you cant do a visual for each Proverb in your Bible.  Might I suggest a sketchbook, if you don’t already use one? I know this is a switch, and I am here to brainstorm any way that will help you get the most out of this study!

 Today we will look at 16:1. The connotation of the word “arak” here is to lay things in order, to arrange, to plan.  As women, we certainly do plan don’t we? We can plan entire days, weeks, seasons without checking in with God to see if our plans align with His plans!  Have you ever felt like you were swimming upstream and the Grizzlies were swatting at you, biting and chomping at your flesh?  Maybe we swam where we weren’t supposed to be!

I can’t tell you how many times I have had to come before the Lord and show Him my calendar and show Him what I have done, and ask His assistance in clearing out that which I wasn’t supposed to ever take on. If I am doing something that is pure horror for me, that I dread….I have found that I was never meant to take it on.  I was wearing someone else’s blessing and it, simply, did not fit.  David could not wear Saul’s armor, and I was not meant to inhabit another’s blessing. It is unimaginable how many times I have had to have a “course correction” with my schedule.

We purpose our days and our seasons, our projects and our tasks…but the Lord disposes( gets rid of) . We can’t go about a single thing without the blessing of God. God easily can and often does intersect our purposes.  I believe that when He intersects our purposes, He is taking away so that we might step into the fullness of Whom He created us to be.
How do you offer your schedule to the Lord for His pruning? Do you find it hard when something is “taken away” from you, making room for God’s intentions?  Yeah, me too! Solomon is wise to remind us today that whenever our steps are orchestrated through a heavenly calendar, our steps are blessed indeed!




No comments:

Monica: Romania

Monica: Romania
Beauty Pierces the Darkness

Join us at Encouragement Cafe!

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

God Will Fix This

God Will Fix This
A prayer for San Bernadino

Art in the Mission Field

Art in the Mission Field
How much would you pay for a smile like that?

God of the Impossible

God of the Impossible
Dreams made Flesh

The Majesty of God

The Majesty of God
His Threadbare Sandals

Abundance

Abundance
You taught My Feet To Dance on Disappointment

Creativity Unleashed!

Creativity Unleashed!
<3